Skip to main content

First Birthday of 1st Grade

Check out what happened today!

"We did handwriting. We wrote the lowercase a." Sage 
"We went to gym and we played the bowling game." Lola 
"We did an apple project." Ruby
"We went to art." Montana
"We used a writing frame to help us write." Akshara
"We did word work for the first time." Emma

It was a truly a great week at Farrington Bay! We capped it off by celebrating Elliott's birthday. Happy birthday buddy. Have a great weekend! 

Writing Time
Read, Write, Type for Word Work
Colorful Word Making
The birthday boy shares birthday treats!
The Birthday Boy with some of his favorite teachers!
Yummy!
Dilly Bars
Yummy!
Yum, yum, yum
Can you eat it all?
Say cheese!
More birthday treats!
Even Mr. Farrington got a picture with this special birthday boy!
Apple Project!
Done!
Hard work pays off!
Friday Book Shopping is our favorite time! We get take home books for the next week!





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adjective Garden

Yesterday, we made an adjective garden. We are learning about adjectives and plants so it was a fun learning experience. Together, we brainstormed as many adjectives about a plant and the made a plant. We knew a lot of adjectives about plants! 

Mega Monday

Blogger of Day: Wilson Welcome to Wilson's amazing blog post today! I will be sharing some things we did today. First, we learned how to describe an informational story. Second, our favorite part of the day was science because we did not do it in a long time. Then, we had art. In art, we made are dream houses. Next, one interesting learning target was I can ask questions while I am reading to help me understand the story better. In daily 5, our tech time choice, we wrote about are weekend. I hope you like it! Bye!

The 3 Rs

Say what?  Someone asked me a few days ago if I knew what the 3Rs meant? Quickly, I began thinking of 3 different, education-related words that began with R. Obviously, relationships would be one, but I couldn't think of any other ones. About 30 seconds went by, and then I heard, "relationships, relationships, relationships." These are the 3Rs, and relationships should be at the forefront of every educators' minds as we move closer to the start of the school year. Teachers have a unique job, where they get to establish brand-new relationships every year. This unique job presents challenges, but a challenge that all teachers must take on in order to have a successful school year. We all know that a strong student-teacher relationship will go a long way to having a successful school year with each child. Therefore, we need to make sure that we focus on building those relationships. Teachers also need to build relationships with their colleagues too. We have all he...